france travel guide
to Travel links
- Allexperts France Travel
Q&A - Volunteer travelers answer questions about tourism in France.
- Armchair France
- Includes recommendations for places to visit, a list of books, music and videos, a small
selection of recipes, monthly updates from Uzès, and details of sporting events.
- At Random in
France - Reports and pictures about regions, traditions and products. Useful tips
about accommodation, leisure and museums.
Beaten Path Guide - Interactive travel guide with places to stay and things to do.
- Cyber France -
Photos, maps and information useful for people travelling to France.
- Find out about the regions and towns, what there is to do and places of interest to
visit. Includes a hotel guide.
- Eastern France
Tourist Office - Includes the regions of Burgundy, Alsace, Lorraine, Franche-Comt?
- First for France
- Guide to France including regions, towns, places of interest, activities and events.
Includes travel information.
- France - World Sites Atlas
- A collection of general and tourist information, links, maps, and photos for Paris and
80 other places of interest in France.
- France for
Freebooters - A collection of articles about France and its history. Travel writing
and photography by Mike Kingdom-Hockings and friends.
for Visitors - Travel guide with information on specific locations, hotels and
- France on Foot.com
- Detailed information on equipment, maps, guidebooks, food and lodging. Plan a walking or
hiking vacation on France's 110,000 mile system of trails and foot paths.
Attraction Search - Search for tourist sites in the PlanetWare Travel Encyclopedia and
view photos, get list of travel attractions, lists of cities and towns, walking and
driving tours. Paid subscription required for most services.
- French vocabulary lists, information about regions, non-tourism information, helpful
hints and links.
- FranceWay - A
travel guide with sections on culture and heritage, regions of the country, dining and
lodging; also has a bulletin board.
- French at a
Touch - Information on places in France and links to francophone sites.
- GoSki France
- French ski resort profiles, news, skier and snowboarder reviews, hotspots, activities,
travel services, lodging, weather reports and snow conditions.
- Guideweb -
Information on the regions of Ardeche and Provence in the south of France.
France - Travel guide to France with information about places to visit.
- Maison de la France
- The official site of the French Government Tourist Office.
- Travel guide for France. Includes a country almanac, maps, climate graphs, health and
safety information and details of things to do and ways to travel.
- The Southern France
Guide - Commercial tourist guide for this part of France, with details of properties
- Terroirs of France -
Guide to the regions of France and their culture and traditions.
Directions - Travel guide to France with information on the regions and a phrasebook.
- Database of more than 3000 events including festivals, feasts, fair trade, celebrations
France Tourist Board - Tourism information covering Normandy, Brittany the Loire
Valley, Western Loire and Cognac Country.
- Auto France -
Alternative to car hire. Purchase and repurchase plan from Peugot for US and Canadian
visitors to Europe. Include product information and plan details.
- Barge Cruising
the Canals of France - Cruises on the Canal du Midi. Features French cuisine,
accommodations for six, and bi-lingual crew and tour guides. Cruise schedules, booking
information, and photographs.
- Calandres -
Includes details and photographs of the available hire cars, and contact information.
- Caminav - Boat
hire company on Canal du Midi and Camargue in South of France.
International Car Rental, France - Offers new cars, from economy to people carrier
(vans). Insurance included.
- Chab?Verjat -
Limousine service, offer a prestige service for all your requests.
Region Atlantique - Located in the French Atlantic area, specialising in car hire for
- Excellence -
Offering car rental. Includes online booking form, rates, and contact information.
- French Barge
Canal Vacations - Barge + bus tours, meals are included.
- French Hotel Barge
Papillon - With crew of 4, the historic barge Papillon cruises the canals and rivers
of France. Vacation in Burgundy aboard this peniche accommodating 6 guests.
RentaCar Reservations - France - Offers discounts on car rentals with leading
companies. Includes an online reservation service, and an instant quotation facility.
- Petetin - Car
rentals and bus excursions. Includes contacts and a location map.
- Route de France
- Offers rental vehicles with a trained chauffeur/guide in the southwest..
des Grandes Grottes de France - Features two caves, Trabuc and Cabrespine. Includes
length of guided tours, hours, rates, photos and contact information. [French, English,
Spanish, Dutch, Italian and German].
- Caves Of
Arcy-sur-Cure - An important medium and late palaeolithic age site in northern France,
between Auxerre and Avallon.
- The Choranche Caves
- Walkways follow an underground river, below a 300m cliff face. Located in the heart of
- La grotte du GRAND ROC
- Offers 30-minute tour. Includes hours, rates, history, tour route, geology and contact
information. Gift shop and picnic area on premises. Located in Dordogne. [Bilingual
- - Show cave near Montpellier entered via Furnicular railway.
- Les Grottes de La
Balme - Guided tour lasts 1 hour and 15 minutes. Includes hours, admission fees, and
contact information. Located 50 kilometers from Lyons. [French, English, German and
- Chateaux Golf -
Selection of hotel chateaux with their own golf courses.
France - Nationwide listings, includes indicative prices, stars and contact
- Contact Hotel
- A group of 190 independent hotels in France.
- Directhotel -
National listings searchable by many criteria.
- Enjoy France -
Directory of character properties across the country.
- France Bonjour
- Geographically sorted directory of accommodation sites.
- France Hotel
Online - Directory, possibility of chatting online to site staff. Online reservations.
Boutique Hotels - A directory with establishments in all regions. Descriptions of
Etapes - Chateaux-hotels, surrounded by parks or gardens. Accommodation details, rates
and booking enquiry form.
- Hotel Evasion
- Descriptions, tariffs and booking information for establishments in Provence, the French
Alps and the French West Indies.
- Hotels Fr
- A selection of hotels in France and in Paris.
- Interhotel -
National reservation service.
- La Compagnie des
Alpes - Residences and hotels management, from 2 to 4 stars, distributed in Nice
backcountry, the Rhone-Alps region and the Cantal, Bourgogne and Limousin departments.
- Lodging France
- Database of hotels in France. Online secure reservations available.
- Logis de France
- More than 3500 hotel-restaurants united around a concept of providing high quality
service, authenticity and the discovery of local specialities.
- Lucien Barrière
Hotels - Listing hotels, casinos and restaurants throughout France.
- New Hotel -
Establisments in Paris, Nice, Marseille, Montpellier, Nîmes, Arles, Reims, Toulon and
Brussels. Presentation, services, photos, meeting facilities, tourism information, rates,
- Pierre and
Vacances - Booking details, prices and descriptions for apartment hotels.
- Reserve the Best
- Hotels and restaurants, photos and editorials. Online reservation center.
- Resideal - Quality
hotels on the French Riviera or in Languedoc Roussillon. On line reservation.
- Directory searchable by stars, price or locality.
Limousines - Late model 8 passenger Lincoln stretched limousines. Based in Paris;
offer day packages and transfers to other destinations.
- - Luxury limousine service in Paris for airport transfers, sightseeing,
business trips or tourism.
- Biribin Limousines -
Paris based limousine company with a choice of Opel or Mercedes 7 seaters, Mercedes S
class, Renault Safrane, Peugeot 806 or Renault Espace.
- Blue Vans Paris Airport
Shuttle - Paris airport shuttle service. Non-smoking, air-conditioned minivans seating
up to 8 persons.
Limousine - Sedan and limousine services in Bordeaux and South-West of France.
Mercedes, Renault, Sedan Luxe and MPVs.
- Carey First Limousine
- Limousine fleet with bilingual chauffeurs in Paris and French Riviera.
Limousine Service - Paris-based limousine company founded in 1921. Fleet of seventy
vehicles in Paris. Branches in Lyons and Cannes.
- Elite Limousine
- Serving Paris, Nice, Cannes, Monaco, Bruxelles, Berlin, Frankfurt, Geneva, London,
Milan, and Rome. Offers full service transportation in sedans, limousines, vans,
minibuses, and motorcoaches. Established in Paris 1989.
transport Service - Limousine service on the French Riviera, serving Cannes, Nice and
- Executive-Car -
Luxury sedans, stretched limousines or executive vans for business and pleasure. Based in
Paris with branches in Nice, Toulouse, Lyon, Bordeaux, Strasbourg, Nantes. Founded in
Limousine - Offers limousine rental in Paris with chauffeur (Lincoln stretch
- Garlin Services - Car
rental with chauffeur for VIP touring service and business travel in Provence and the
Service Limousine - Paris based company offering transfers with various sedans,
minivans and minibus.
- A La Carte
France Tours - Tour operator offering fully inclusive guided limousine tours
throughout France. Fleet includes Peugeot 607 and minivans.
Capri - Selection of Excalibur and Rolls-Royce motor cars with chauffeur on the French
- Limousine Service
Paris - Limousine company based in Paris. Vehicles include Mercedes S class and 7
seater, Renault Safrane, Peugeot 607 or Renault Espace.
et Services - Limousine company offering chauffeured transportation in Mercedes S
class or minivan. Based in Paris.
- Paris France
Limousines - Choice of minivan or Mercedes sedans. Based in Paris.
- Route de France
- Company located in Toulouse, South-West of France. Chauffeur-driven sedan, limousine,
and vans available for business and local tourism.
- Vip Paris - Large
choice of chauffeur-driven classic cars including Ferrari, Rolls-Royce, Daimler and
- French private airline operating worldwide schedule and charter flights.
- The French Airports
- Time schedules, airport information and facilities.
- Nice airport -
Provides online airline timetables with destinations of the flights, public transports
possibilities and aeronautical training.
Hélicoptères - Helicopters flights from Nice to Cannes, Monaco or St-Tropez.
- SNCF -
Information about the French railways company.
2000 - A travelogue of Simon & Leslie's trip to Alsace and Paris.
Studies 301: Southern France and Paris - A trip to southern France and Paris,
including photos and text from Pont St-Benezet, Pont du Gard, Glanum Fontaine-de-Vaucluse,
Vaison-la-Romaine and Versailles.
- Au Pair
at the Centre International d'Antibes - A personal look at the work-exchange programs
for au pairs at the Centre International d'Antibes, one of the international French
language schools for foreign students.
- Breaking Away Tour de
France - A personal account of a vacation consisting of riding the first five stages
of the Tour de France.
and Alsace in Pictures and Journals - Tasting and touring notes from Alsace and
Burgundy, including photos.
- Canal Boating in
France - This site describes a trip with French Country Waterways on a canal boat
through Burgandy. Visits were made to local Wineries, towns and restaurants. Photos are
les Sheffields Journal of France - A personal journal of a family's stay in France.
- Chris Goes to
France - An account of a trip to Toulouse, Bordeaux, and Andorra in July, 2001.
Includes over 230 pictures.
- - Chronicles a two week trip to France in 1997. Details Paris, and
includes Mont St. Michel, Amboise, Chartes and Chenonceau. Photos, links and travel tips
- A Day Out by Eurostar - A
day trip to Lille in northern France by Eurostar, with photos, links and restaurant
Day Trip From Hell - The story of a 1990 shopping trip to Calais.
'99 - Three slightly disorganised Londoners attempt to view the 1999 solar eclipse in
- Farrands in France -
Diary and photos of an American couple who spent six months in Lacoste, France.
- France 2000
- Jeff and Margaret explore some of France's wine country; Alsace, Champagne, and Burgundy
plus the Alps and Versailles.
1997 - Description of trips to Paris and Boulogne in 1997.
Conquest - A fifteen day honeymoon trip to France in the summer of 2000.
Travel Diary - A week long trip to France with two boys, ages 10 and 12, on a canal
boat exploring Burgundy.
- Freda Lockert's
Views of France - A personal collection of photographs, commentaries and memories
collected during holidays and extended stays in France.
Trip 2001 - Journal with photos of a three week trip to France in April 2001 by
members of Perth College. Covers Paris, Rumilly (Annecy), French Riviera (Cote d'Azure)
and Nimes. Includes Paris attractions such as the Eiffel Tower, Arche de Triomphe, Notre
Dame, Montmarte, Place du Tertre, Champs Elysees, Versailles.
in Annecy and Provence, France - Photos from a visit to Annecy and Provence.
- Images from France. -
Journal and photographs from Paris, the French Alps, and the French Riveria.
- The Inaccurate Tourist - The
experiences of a Canadian living and working in France for two years.
Machiela's Travelogue - Journal of a 16 day "action trip" to the south of
France. Includes photos.
- la France by Fraise
- Photos, recipes, travel dictionary, cultural tips, recommended books and links by an
American living in France.
Jackets and French Bread - A programmer and her Harley in France. Discussion of the
Bluegrass and Celtic Festival in Tullins, France, a parade of American Cars, American
Trucks and Harley-Davidsons.
Lovely World: France - Photos of Paris, Normandy, Jura, Lyon, Alps, Strasbourg,
Corsica, Deux-Sevres, Correze
- Meisner Pedersen: Vacation
and Camping in the South of France - Sights in Languedoc and Corbieres like
Carcassonne, St. Guilhem le Desert, Pont du Gard, Palais Ideal and the idyllic village of
- Montpeyroux Summer - A
family spends two months living in Montpeyroux, and describes daily life in France.
1999 - Welcome to the Adventure! - A personal travelogue of a 70 day tour of France.
Photos and links to travel sites.
- Paris to the Cote D'Azur -
Travel journal with photos of Lewis and Betty Nolan's week-long cruise down the Soane and
Rhone Rivers to Provence aboard the M/S Ravel in 2001.
- - A high school student describes a two week trip to France in photos.
Travel information and pictures for Paris and Versailles. Advice for planning a trip.
from France - Photos and writings from recent 3-week trip to France. Includes Paris,
Strasbourg, Provence, Languedoc and Blois.
Rhone Valley Wine Trip - A few days visting wineries and restaurants in the Rhone
valley and Provence.
- Sanda Kaufman's Travel Images
- Photos from travels in France, including Burgundy, Bordeaux, Lyon, Perigord, Provence,
Strasbourg and Paris.
- - Jim and Liz Tanner's 1999 wine trip to France. Champagne,
Alsace, Burgundy, Loire, Bordeaux and Paris. Photos, maps, diary and links to helpful
- - The Tanners returned to France in September 2000, and this time they hit
Burgundy during the harvest. Lyon, Burgundy, Sancerre and Paris; Paul Bocuse and Jules
Verne restaurants. Photographs, Journals, links, and maps.
- - The Tanner's 2002 wine tour of France. Champagne, Chablis,
Sancerre, Burgundy's Cote d'Or and Paris. Photos, journals, links, maps.
- Team Snail's Bicycle
Adventure Through the South of France - A tour report with maps, pictures and stories
of a two-week self-supported bicycle camping trip through Provence and the French Riviera.
Potter's Holiday to France - A personal journal about travels through Alsace and a
visit to the Louvre.
- Travels in France - A
diary of a holiday in France over Christmas and New Year 2001/2002, covering places,
accommodation, food and walking.
- A Visitor in the
Land of the Enlightenment - Stories of life in France by an Australian who lived there
for seven years.
Journeys in the Loire Valley and Alsace, 1997-1998 - A travelogue of wine touring in
the Loire valley and Alsace. Winery, hotel and restaurant reports, photos and other
- Agence Belle
France - Listings in Provence, Dordogne, Brittany and the Auvergne.
- At Home in France
- Homes in the French countryside, apartments in Paris.
- Au Chateau -
Historic Chateau accommodations in several regions. Descriptions, photos, links.
- Belles Vacances
- Chateaux and quality villas mainly in Dordogne with a limited selection from other
- Cap Residences
- Apartment hotels in several regions. Descriptions and on line reservation.
- Chez Nous -
Searchable directory. Includes property details, photographs and a travel booking service.
Villas - Properties from all regions, with an emphasis on Provence, Dordogne and the
- Discover French
Chateaux - Geographical and facility related search for chateau accommodation.
- Eurowise gites
- A small selection from northern France. Offers availability charts.
- Foreverfrench -
Selection of properties from different regions. With rental prices and booking details.
- France by Heart
- Properties in Paris, Provence, Dordogne and Normandy.
- France Direct -
Deal directly with the property owners. Tourist information section.
- France Homestyle
- Furnished apartments, houses and villas in several regions. Customized service
- France on
Vacation - Listings from several regions, selection by party size or location.
- France One Call
- Regularly updated availability information on all listed properties.
Villas - National listings with database searchable by availability.
- French Affair -
Houses and villas for rent in the southern half of France, including Corsica.
Country Cabins - Cabin rental with travel and insurance arranged, specialising in
Holiday Property - Properties in many areas, search by location, party size or rental
- French Idyll -
Gites listed by region to rent direct with owners. Pictures, descriptions and contact
Property Connections - Geographically searchable listings with photographs, property
details and booking information.
- French Villas -
A selection of properties in Paris and Provence.
- Frenchleave -
Listings from all areas. Direct booking with owners.
- Searchable by party size and locality, with property details, photographs and prices.
- Gitelink France
- Directory of privately owned holiday rentals.
- Holiday Gites
- Searchable database with listings from many regions.
- Holiday Homes France
- National accommodation directory. Listings by owners and agents.
- Holiday with Us
- A searchable directory. Includes hotels and travel information.
- J & S
Caravans - Offers mobile homes in several regions.
- Just France -
U.S. based booking agents for properties in all regions.
- Kestrel Travel
- Specialises in the south, also offers boat hire.
- Le Guide
Vacances - Property listings, some with photographs.
Chalets de Flore - Fully-equipped chalets for rent in several regions, situated in
campsites with leisure facilities and activities.
- Maisons Vacances
- Listings from several regions. Offers photographs, descriptions, rates and booking
- My Holiday
Villa - Accommodation with pools from many regions. Properties feature under specially
- Owners in France
- Self-catering accommodation, including houseboats, in many regions.
- Provence West -
Selection of properties, with photographs and descriptions from many regions. also
information on walking tours.
- Rentals France
- National directory, also offers a regular free newsletter.
France Direct - Rates, descriptions and booking details for properties in the south
and west. Also features a channel-crossing guide.
- Rustic to
Renaissance - Property listings with photographs, descriptions, tariffs and contact
- Six Cottages
- Offers a very limited selection from several regions. Descriptions, plans, photos.
- Villas France
Ltd. - Rent holiday accommodation directly with owners. Or type in your requirements
and receive a personalised list of properties via email.
- Bonadresse -
Regionally sorted lists of accommodation. Offers short descriptions and contact details.
- En France
- Accommodation listings from all regions. Includes brief descriptions, booking details
Vacances - Details and prices for holiday complexes in Provence, Lot, Creuse and
- Offers booking facilities and details of a range of holiday resorts and activities for
Connections - Accommodation directory, featuring hotels, guesthouses and vacation
rentals. Also offers activity holidays and house buying pages.
de France - National directory of hotels, gites and campsites. Searchable by
facilities offered or location.
- Pour Les
Vacances - National directory of hotels and apartments. Search by region.
- Renouveau Vacances
- Organised holidays in 22 sites across the country. Catered and self catering.
Connections - Mixed accommodation listings, on line reservation facility.
- Villadelles -
Hotels and furnished rental apartments, bed and breakfast with half or full board. Several
- Focuses on Roussillon, while also including general information about production,
service, and storage. Some information is only available in French. [Flash required]
- Foods and Wines
from France - Widely ranging site with authoritative information on the country's most
French Wines Experience - Information and advice on topics including grapes, regions
- Frenchoose - The
French Wine Directory - Offers geographically-categorized winery links, along with
maps and a vintage chart.
- Terroir de France
- Includes information about regions, classifications, grapes, winemaking, and health.
- Vins de Pays de
France - Offers information including regional maps and descriptions, grape varieties,
food pairing, recipes, and a label overview.
- - Add url to Bizeurope
- - Return to main menu
- Return to Bizeurope keywords
- Bizeurope company directory